2017 AWC Scholarship Application
Deadline February 17, 2017
The Association for Women in Communications (AWC) is a professional organization that champions the advancement of women across all communications disciplines by recognizing excellence, promoting leadership and positioning its members at the forefront of the evolving communications era.
As part of its annual mission, the Oklahoma City Chapter of AWC funds scholarships for women pursuing a communications-related degree at an Oklahoma college or university.
To qualify for the scholarship you must be:
- A woman pursuing a degree in a communications-related field (i.e. public relations, journalism, advertising, photography, graphic design, etc.).
- A sophomore, junior or senior at a 4-year college OR sophomore at a 2-year college OR post-graduate student beginning the fall of 2017.
- A full-time student (enrolled in at least 12 hours) at an Oklahoma university or college.
Scholarship selection will be based on aptitude, interest in a communication-related career, academic performance, financial need and demonstration of community service. Note that only fully completed applications will be considered.
The scholarship winners will be honored at the AWC Byliner Awards Luncheon in May 2017. The winners are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Most recent college transcript.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from people who have witnessed your academic and/or
- professional communications experience.
- One work sample such as a news release, ad copy, feature article, design layout, videos or another piece featuring your ability in your chosen field. Hard or digital copy accepted, limited to one page in length or 2 minutes for video. Please provide a DVD or hyperlink to view video.
- List of community activities (with start/end dates), officer or committee positions held, and any community awards.
- List of school and internship activities (with start/end dates) and any academic awards.
- Financial Statement. Please use the Financial Statement Information page to complete.
- Personal Statement explaining why you are applying for this scholarship – no more than 250 words (i.e. why you chose to study communications, what your goals are after graduation, etc).
- A recent, high-quality, color photo of yourself. If selected, the photo may be distributed with a news release to announce the scholarship winners. Digital or hard copy accepted.
Paper application and materials must be postmarked by Friday, February 17 to:
Jamie Davis, AWC Scholarship Chair
15630 NE 164th
Jones, OK 73049
If applying online, all materials must be submitted by 11:59 pm Friday, February 17.
If you have questions, please contact Jamie Davis.